Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

July 27, 2014

Shishitos


I went to Dinette in Pittsburgh a couple years ago, and fell in love with one of the appetizers, hot grilled shishito peppers topped with olive oil, salt and pepper.  So simple, so good!  I have been thinking about these gems all the while.  Then, my gardening pal gets in 4 shishito seedlings and gives me 2 of them!  I have been raising and caring for the 2 plants in my organic garden, and here is the 1st big harvest of shishitos.  I made them in a similar tradition as Dinette, and I am over the moon with joy for how tasty these are.  Here is the recipe:

1. get a fry pan hot on the stove (med-med/hi 6/10 heat)
2. put a little oil in the pan
3. drop a bunch of shishitos into the hot pan for the sizzle
4. 30 seconds turn the shishitos
5.  30 seconds drop on the plate
6.  drizzle excellent olive oil over the top
7. sprinkle excellent salt on top
8. grind some black pepper on top

The olive oil I decided to use is from The Olive Press, and I used the Mission variety.  It is a pure EV olive oil with a bit of a peppery finish.  The salt I decided to use is from Matanzas Creek Winery Lavender collection and it is Himalayan salt with lavender.   The black pepper I decided to use is from Penzey's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home