Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

October 6, 2014

The Best Food Lids


 These are the best food lids ever!  Charles Viancin, a Canadian company has created silicone lids that fit on any smooth edged pot, pan, bowl, dish, and cup.  These lids provide an airtight seal, but will allow for internal gasses to escape while keeping outside air out.  These lids eliminate the need for cling wrap and foil.

The pros as I see it:
1.  BPA free
2.  Microwave safe
3.  Fridge safe
4.  Can withstand high temps to about 480F
5.  Reusable
6.  Eliminates the need for cling wrap
7.  Easy to wash
8.  Does not promote microbial growth
9.  Seals keeping air out
10. Easy to remove and replace the lid
11. Adorable to look at

These lids are now on sale all around the USA, including at least 25 stores in and around the Nashville Metro area.


A few years ago, I was in a Canadian border town, and I was walking through a local gift shop with lots of interesting cool regional gifts, including Charles Viancin food lids.  They had a display with a bowl and cup to try out the lids.  I put the lid on the bowl and the lid made an airtight suction lock on the bowl, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  I did not buy these lids during that trip, and I just assumed I would be able to find these lids at home in Nashville.  I got home, and I went on the Charles Viancin website, and to my surprise, they were only sold in Canada.  I was so sad.  I kept on thinking about these lids, and all the whilst I was buying cling wrap, throwing away my money and throwing away used cling wrap in the landfill.


A few weeks ago, I went back to my favorite Canada border town, I left space in my carry-on luggage to get these lids, and I went to the little gift shop and loaded up an Charles Viancin silicone lids.  I got big bowl lids, cup/can lids, and soda bottle stoppers.  I was so thrilled.  Then I came home, and went back on the Charles Viancin website to discover these lids are no being sold in the USA, including Nashville!  Yes, there are about 25 retailers in the Nashville Metro area which sell these gems.  On my next day off, I am going to get more lids, and try to eliminate cling wrap in my house.

I just adore my new silicone lids.  They are so easy to use, and they are reducing the amount of trash generated in my house.  And, I think they are cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home